Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #438

> Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 15:35:02 -0700 (PDT)
> From: peachdoo at excite_com
> Subject: Adding Salt in Freshwater Aquaria
>
> Greetings:
>      I remember that when I was a kid living in New Jersey that I would put
> a salt or tonic into my fresh water aquariums.  It was recommended to
> improve the health and conditioning of the fish for breeding and plant
> growth.  It was a product called "BAUSeMAN SALTS" (don't know if the "e"
> belongs there).  I wish I could find it now. It was concocted as a blend of
> various salts that would be beneficial to fish and plants and that is why
> they called it a tonic for the aquarium.  If I remember correctly, the water
> in Jersey is quite soft and delicious around the Fort Dix area over 20 yrs
> ago.  If anyone knows of it, let me know.  It was on the market for years
> and I would recommend it.
> Thanks Diana in California

I too have used Bausman's Tonic and it is a wonderful product.  It is available at
my LFS but I know of another place that carries it that would also ship it to you.
They have a website that does not show that they carry it but I know that they do
because I have been there and they always have big tubs of it in stock.  If you
e-mailed or called them I'm sure they would be happy to send some.  They are called
Wet Thumb Aquatics and they are an incredible hatchery located here in Michigan.
The link to their website is:
 http://www.wetthumbaquatics.com/
Log on and check it out!  If you are ever in southeast Michigan you really must
stop by and check this place out also.  It's quite an operation.
Good luck,
Pat O'Sullivan