Subject: Autoclaving driftwood update

I don't think the "fungus" is necessarily the result of sterilizing the
driftwood.  I have a large piece of driftwood in my 50-gal planted tank.
All I did before adding it to the tank, when I first set up the tank, was
rinse it off in tap water.  After a couple of days, I had the white fuzzy
stuff at the point where the wood met the gravel.  It was persistent for a
while, but I simply vacuumed it off a few times, and eventually it
disappeared on its own.  I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Gitte
------

<<<<<<     So my question is this: Am I just deluding myself
thinking that the fungus will eventualy go away or do
I have to pull the DF out of my tank? >>>>>>