Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #431

>Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 14:14:24 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Adele and Davis Gailitis <adele_davis at yahoo_com>
>Subject: Pruning E. Tennelus
>
>Hello everyone :)
>I have a question regarding the pruning of E.
>Tennelus.
>How do you do it?
>I can understand the thinning part, if it becomes to
>dense pull some of them out.
>But as regards to getting it to that point should I
>"Mow" it and if so to what height is safe?

I cut it like sod. Careful pinching can help if you keep up on it. I use a
plastic paint scraper and cut out a chunk and in a a week or two the new
growth has covered up the hole. Rotating the area you cut each time can keep
nice fresh growth going well with less work involved. Selling the sod pieces
is easier also. Folks like the look of it.
Regards,
Tom Barr