Re:A setup question(long)

Paul,

I am assuming that  the .za in your email address indicates Zanzibar.  In
this case, the best plants for you to work with on a budget may be the native
plants that occur in the watersheds of your monsoonal streams.  Look for
those that tend to thrive in the shade of trees or rocks.  Their light
requirements will be lower.  You can also build a soil substrate instead of
spending a lot to import the fancy stuff we have available here.   Check the
information at Steve Pushak's site.  Go to http://home.infinet.net/teban/

That should get you started well and economically.

Bob Dixon