Re: submissions not getting through

> Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 07:49:26 -0400
> From: osullivan at ameritech_net
> Subject: submissions not getting through
>
> This is a test mail to see if it goes through.  I have been having
> problems lately with several of my digest submissions not getting on the
> list.  I did'nt use bad words or anything but I have noticed that it's
> always when I am replying to something.  Anyone else have a similar
> experience?  What am I doing wrong?

Couple of possibilities, but the list Mom can probably do better.

The "From:" and "Reply To:" of the digest are two different addresses. Be
sure to check youe e-mail settings. The "To:" on your reply should be
addressed to:

Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com

and not to Aquatic-Plants-Owner@...

Also, are you editing *both* the subject and reply so that the entire digest
isn't being sent again? We have gotten none of those lately, so I suspect
Cyn may have installed a filter to just dump such rude postings. They make
people screamingly angry, particularly those paying by the line or character
for their e-mail. It takes only a few seconds with select and delete to
limit replies to the particular note you are answering.

I hope this helps, but if it's something more complex, I'll let Cynthia
handle it. :-)

Wright

PS *My* pet peeve is the subject "Re: Aquatic Plants Digest Vol 3 No. 405."
Grrr!

--

           To err is human. To blame someone else is politics.
               *** http://www.self-gov.org/index.html ***