P doses reducing algae?

    I've seen mention here of people who were dosing phosphate into the water
column of tanks they suspected were too P limited, who found that one benefit
was that the algae film on their glass grew more slowly.  I was wondering if
they would share some details?  Has that benefit continued?  Have you
continued to dose that way?  Did the film initially get worse before it got
better?  Did the color of the film change?  Do you find the color of the
film, or it's growth rate to be a helpful indicator for your P dosing?

    Thank you,
    Zach K