Re: MH bulb service life

> Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 13:36:41 -0700
> From: Ted Backman <tedb at valvesoftware_com>
>
> So, in trying to figure out why my tenellus is slowing down, I realized that
> I've had my current bulb (6500k iwasaki) running for about a year.  I looked
> through the archives and the manufacturer's home page, but to no avail.
>
> Anyone have experience or hard data about the service life of these bulbs?
> I'm using a 250 watt bulb in the champion lighting default ballast/pendant
> setup.

I don't have data for that specific bulb but have measured intensity vs time for
a plain old 175w 5500K Venture MH bulb. See

http://www.frii/com/~booth/AquaticConcepts/Lights/

and check out "Measured Bulb Data - Part 1"

George Booth in Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
  http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts