Re: scale algae

>Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 21:24:10 -0400
>From: "Kevin Zippel" <kczippel at worldnet_att.net>
>Subject: scale algae
>
>Anyone have experience with a hard, green, scale algae growing on the glass?
>What imbalance might cause it and who eats it?  Thanks, Kevin

I have pl*cos (the garden variety type - the brown ones that get to be a
foot long) who seem to eat it.  No idea what "imbalance" is responsible.  I
do get a little of that algae on the oldest leaves of my anubias - and the
pl*cos don't scrape algae except off of hard things (driftwood or glass) -
so I'm assuming the oto's and SAE are not interested in it.
In fact, that's the *only* algae I have in my tank, period.  (Love my algae
eaters.)

-j.