Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #409

>Riccia again? Okay, then grow hairgrass well first.
>
>Once you've done that-find some sinking Riccia and add a small amount.
Who says ricca sinks? We use mesh nets to create rocks and metal or sinking
plastic mesh to create carpets.
>You
>will have a turf  that needs little to no pruning for a long time. X mas
>tree moss and sinking Riccia make a nice lawn that's somewhat more mobile.
>Tying Moss and Regular Riccia together on stones/branches etc is a good
>idea
>also. Check out Aqua Journal vol 38. Lots of basic Riccia stuff in there.
>
>Adding some bladderwort (Utricularia gibba) will also "rope" the Riccia
>together..........Amano doesn't tell you this part anywhere :)  I learned
>this on my own like he did I'm sure.
I've never seen him use these two plants together, the people over at Pisces
Publishing deserve credit for this idea. Mori san is much more intelligent
than Amano and IMHO Minima is a better read than Aqua Journal.
>By letting nature take its course.  He
>doesn't use it in ALL the tanks nor does he use the hairgrass method
>either.
I'll have to try that.