Re: Light bulb source

Sylvia writes:

<snip>>  Does that reflector on the Coralife Trichromatic bulbs significantly
help?

I'll answer this one.  The rest I'll leave for someone who knows.  The
built-in reflector reflects the generated light back into the bulb itself.
Most of that light is converted to heat rather than making it back out the
other side.  The one without the built-in reflector will actually give more
light with a white reflector in the fixture than the more expensive bulb with
the reflector built into the bulb.

Bob Dixon
Cichlid Trader List Administrator
http://cichlidtrader.listbot.com