Re: Light Intensity

I have a 60 gallon (24" deep) with all the toys: CO2 tank, MH, PMDD. I
recently changed out a 175 watt Coralife (3 watts/gallon) to a 250 watt
Iwasaki (4 watts/gallon) metal halide. Both are 6500K lamps. The 250 watt is
much more problematic in terms of algae outbreaks, particularly green water
and now bluegreen (which isn't an algae but a bacteria). The bronze Wendtii
crypts are doing worse under the 250 watt but I am able to grow a low
growing sword (Tropica, 2" high, sorry, can't remember the name) that the
LFS recommended against. FYI

Tom