Content of posts

Trying to catch up on some posts I've missed over the last week or so while
away.

I noticed some objection to content of some posts. I've been among those
guilty of asking questions about fish diseases, parasites, etc., and not
sticking entirely to the subject of plants. I haven't participated in any
other newsgroup or usenet in re: these other topics, mostly due to time &
other constraints, and thought this board was an acceptable forum for related
topics such as those I mentioned.

Are there clear guidelines for this, or is it just a preference among readers
not to discuss other issues?

Thanks,

Sylvia