Metal Halide Lights

Hi Bob,

Acutally I'm sure if the MH lights over my tank will reach the bottom of my
tank, my main concern is does it matter if it's directly above my tank or
slightly tilted so the lights won't be in my eyes when i'm looking at my
tank... is that more clearler?

thanks
Raymond Wong

The local hydroponics distributor wants me to spend a year's pay on lights
that travel across the ceiling in order to imitate the sun's movement
through
the sky.  Now that's trick, huh? If you are talking about mounting them in
front of the tank, so they strike at a 45º angle, then sure.  You actually
may get more light to the lower regions of the tank, because a lot of the
light will enter the water at or near the bottom.  If you want to hang them
directly over the tank and tip them back so they aren't in your eyes, then
probably no.  The only light that would reach the tank would be reflected
off
the wall.  Or are you thinking alons some entirely different line
altogether?