Re: H2O2 in the planted tank, etc

Karla (the Biochemistry PhD in the family) read the barley straw/H2O2 stuff and
mentiond to me:

"This is really interesting about hydrogen peroxide production - sounds like
my research.  I bet it really isn't the peroxide - it is superoxide which
does the job.  Algae would not have the mechanisms to fight the free radical
damage the way us higher organisms and plants do."

I tried to coerce her to write more on this to no avail. If anyone has further
interest, maybe I can convince her to elaborate.

George Booth in Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
  http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts