Novice and Small Tank

I think I've spent the last two days looking at the
archives, searching for topics of interest, and
learning an awful lot from you people.  What a great
resource.

I've become hooked on planted tanks because I brought
some hornwort and water sprite in from the garden pond
and placed them in an old 1 gallon fishbowl I swiped
from the kids' closet.  The serenity and simplicity of
a few plants, a few rocks and some water just sorta
got to me.

Anyway, I've scored a 10 gallon tank and stand from a
garage sale.  I've snagged a few pounds of Turface MVP
from my neighbor the greenskeeper.  Most of the plants
in the tank now are from the pond.  I've got some
nymphoides (water poppy), elodea (anacharis),
ceratophyllum (water sprite) and bacopa (money wort).

My lighting will be relatively low, and I've been
thinking of using a clip on desk lamp on a temporary
basis whilst I scrounge the materials for a hood.  Any
recommendations on some decent incandescent bulbs that
would hold me over for a few weeks and get some decent
growth?  How about a recommendation on some additional
plants that would do well in this kind of setting?

I've read some of the posts on CO2 injection via
yeast.  Has anyone given consideration to sanitary
conditions in your fermenter?  Are you boiling the
water before adding it?  Are you oxygenating the water
in any way to provide O2 for yeast propagation?  Are
you absolutely certain that all of the bad bacteria
and wild yeasts are removed from the fermenting vessel
before beginning?  These are all just random thoughts
from an avid homebrewer who just got bitten by a new
bug.  It seems to me that the potential for both
aerobic and anaerobic microbes to invade the culture
is high.  Some of those may be pathogenic to fish or
plants.  They might get airborne, get into your tank
and start having some fun with water chemistry.

I'll probably use yeast to provide CO2.  But instead
of sugarwater, I think I'll use grape or apple juice.
Might as well get something to drink out of it.