Re: Flourish Excel

on 01:48 PM 7/5/00 , Nathan Wittmaier wrote:

>Since this product has been available for a few months now, I was wondering
>if anyone has used it and could comment on it. CO2 is a bit expensive for
>me, and I'm a bit shy for a DIY set up. Any comments out there?

I was supplementing my 75 gallon tank with Flourish Excel at the
recommended dose for about a month, and recently stopped (because I ran
out.) This tank also has pressurized CO2. I do notice a slight increase in
oxygen bubbles from the plants while I'm using it, and possibly a decrease
in algae.

It's a subtle effect, but it's there. I'm going to be trying it in my 15
gal without CO2 to see if it helps fill the void... I'll post when I have
some results.

It certainly doesn't hurt the fish or plants, and doesn't affect pH.

--
michael moncur   mgm at starlingtech_com   http://www.starlingtech.com/
"The computing field is always in need of new cliches."    -- Alan Perlis