Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #382

> Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 18:33:23 -0400
> From: Gitte
> I just read an article that suggested a humane way to
> euthanise a fish is by <<<<<<placing the fish in a small
> container with water and adding an Alka
> Selzer tablet>>>>>>
>
> Has anyone ever heard of this and/or done this?  I
> assume I will at some time in the future, have a need
> to know how to euthanise a fish, and I know
> I won't be able to do it by cutting its spinal cord.

I *really* hate to even appear to be cutting someone off, but euthanasia is
one of the most hotly- contested issues in all of UseNet. As such, I'm sure
it's leaked to most lists and can be found in their archives. However -

Go to http://www.deja.com/

The bottom line within the search box at the page top is a link that says,
"Looking for Usenet? Search Discussions". Click on that link. It will take
you, obviously, to the Search Usenet page. To the right of the title are two
links entitled "Power Search" and "Search Tips".

Click on Power Search, and you can define the specific parameters for your
search. You'll definitely need to define the search limits, say to something
like "rec.aquaria.*" or "alt.aquaria", and even then you may be overwhelmed
if you simply put "Euthanasia" as the subject. Even narrowing it down to
"+euthanasia +alka-seltzer" will keep you busy for a while...

-Y-

David A. Youngker
nestor10 at mindspring_com