Heating Coils revisited

Could a modified under gravel filtration plates serve the same function
as the under gravel heating coil systems?

Take an UGF plate with a slightly longer than normal return tube that
rises about 1 cm above the normal level.  Supply water into the return
tube (from the filter outlow) so its serves as a constant overflow weir
to impose a very slight static head.  This would result in a very small
reverse flow through the substrate, duplicating (what I understand to be
) the  primary benefit of heating coils - providing enrichment to the
root system and avoiding totally anaerobic conditions by creating a very
small small circulation pattern from the water column through the root
system.

Best Regard
Erdoz

"In God we trust; others please supply data"