Re: Cooling a tank

Frankly I don't see what all the fuss is about. <g>

In my last home the fishroom was on the THIRD floor. There were but two
windows. One had a 5000 BTU air conditioner that was only turned on _only_
when the heat/humidity index reached unbearable. The other, a skylight, was
open all Summer except for times of rain.

Talk about HOT. Temperatures in those tanks would routinely reach 90 degrees
F in the Summe. The room would be somewhat hotter by day. What did I do?
Provided a little more aeration, food for the fish and the plants (their
needs raise dramatically) and changed the water more frequently because of
the increased output of wastes.

What happened? Nothing. YMMV DEPENDING on stocking levels. My tanks are
pretty lightly stocked with fish. Yet another good reason for lower fish
density in a glass filled box.
--
Susan
snotabby_at_earthlink.net

"No husband has ever been shot while doing the dishes."