54 gallon corner and lighting

Pat asked for suggestions for lighting his 54 gallon corner tank.

After looking at that tank long and hard,  I bought the 92 gallon corner.
Same problem.  Weird shape.  In order to have any success whatsoever (IMO),
you will have to ditch regular flourescents and go either compact flourescents
(AH Supply has good selection and Kim is very nice) or metal halide.  My tank
is 24 inches deep, I don't think the 54 is that deep so you may be ok with the
PC.  There is a new E-ballast out for the MH's that is supposed to be cool to
the touch and silent if you go that direction.   Good luck.

Daphne