acid water and algae

i mentioned the same thing to kean huat recently when he was here in
malaysia.
tannin in water=no algae
what exactly is the reason i do not know

on the other hand in mangroves where there is high tannin in the water
column there is a fair amount of algae as well although the water looks
brown rather than green.
but then again being brackish it is no longer acidic.
maybe the algae is there but we do not see it, but i don't think that is the
case.
maybe it just blocks sunlight .....

maybe....

ali