Re: Peat

>Of course..... any bets on the certaintly that someone is going to post a
>claim to having successefully used a 6" layer of peat as their sole
>substrate with great results?

I did. <g> I actually used a layer of compressed *peat plates*, with plant
plugs on top of them, topped by about 2 inches of sand. I set up a 29
gallon with this in 1976 and had great results till I finally broke it
down and replaced it with florite last spring.

       Gerry Skau

       He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.
       -Oscar Wilde