Kent vs. the thread algae

What is the latin name for 'bushy nose pleco''? Could this be an
Ancistrus.?English popular names aren't easy for foreigners ( they cannot be
found in normal dictionairies). There seem to be 54 species of Ancistrus.
Would they all do the job?

I have got an small dotted ancistrus in our 120 gallon with a white edge at
his tail since about 2 months. He grows fantastically and is very
enthousiastically grazing several algae. I have heard that some Ancistrus
when getting bigger have a go at some plants, but that doesn't bother me too
much: We have six clown botias who have their own opinion of a nice planted
tank...

Since last week both the thread and hair algae (who were not a real plague,
but needed to be removed twice a week to make the tank look fine) have
suddenly almost dissappeared. It is a pity that this coincides with a better
filtering (we shortened the tubes that before were a bit bended and twisted
about two weeks ago) and a new light tube. By the way, last week we had
tropical temperatures in the Netherlands (maybe some bacteria benefitted
from it and dealt with the algae???).
When responding to me privately, please remove the NOSPAM from my email
address

Sietske Tol from the Netherlands

> Kent wrote:
> ,<snip>
I've also found the bushy nose pleco is the only fish that seems to go