bristle nose pleco

Dwight wrote:

"I've also found the bushy nose pleco ...[is] unfortunately, ... VERY
vulnerable to ANY aquarium change and will likely die if you attempt a
significant water change."

My experience with Ancistrus dolicopterus has been just the opposite:
I found mine to be tough little buggers, surviving all kinds of
unintentional
abuse I have heaped onto them in the last five years. The only thing mine
don't
appreciate is high ammonium and nitrite.
I don't doubt Dwight's experience - due to the large number of related
species
there's got to be some variation in sensitivity.

Michael Eckardt