Re: Kent vs. the Thread Algae

Kent wrote:

>The only way I have been successful in stopping thread algae so
>far is to turn the light off for 2 or 3 straight days. Unfortunately it can
>still come back when conditions are right.

Kent if it ever gets really bad for you again try to score some Florida
Flag Fish (FFF) Jordanella floridae.  Especially the females! They are
efficient dispatchers of "any algae that sticks out".

I've also found the bushy nose pleco is the only fish that seems to go
after that green "suade" pasty algae that smothers everything.  Missing
nutrients also encourages tis algae.  Unfortunately, they are VERY
vulnerable to ANY aquarium change and will likely die if you attempt a
significant water change.

See my NEW AQUARIUM HARDWARE & TOOLKIT:
http://www.floridadriftwood.com/aquariumlandscapes.html
HOMEPAGE:  http://www.floridadriftwood.com