CO2 Cylinder Height

In a message dated 6/21/00 3:52:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

(Major snip)

 2.  What is the average height for a CO2 cannister.
 We intend to purchase one in the future and need to
 know the height to build the stand.  We are interested
 in Dave Gomberg's sytem.  Any comments would be
 appreciated. >>

Mark and Lily,

That's a really good question, and it's a good idea to build your own because
most commercial stands aren't tall enough to comfortably contain a 20Lb CO2
canister. This item with the Gomberg regulator attached is 27.5 inches high
and don't forget - you want to be able to easily get that thing in and out.
Due to poor planning and foresight, I ended up sticking mine in a nearby
closet and drilling/fishing tubing through the wall. Of course, a smaller
cylinder would work too, but IMHO not worth the difference in fill price -
plus having to change it more often.

Bob Olesen
West Palm Beach