Re: Snails

Jon writes:

> Here is something a knowlegable friend told me
>  "I think I told you once that I used to never like snails because they are
>  the
>  intermediate host to over 30 parasites (and thats known ones)"
>  I'm just encouraging him to get into planted tanks and he is really
>  interested.. just interesting point of view from someone without planted
>  tank snail experience and who has a aquatic biology background

The snails in my planted tank, well actually all my tanks now, are decendants
of snails that were isolated from fish for at least one generation.  If they
are carrying anything now, then they contracted the parasite from my fish,
which all appear healthy.  If the intermediate host thing worries you, I
think that is a really simple solution.

Bob Dixon