Subject: Re: Plants with Amquel and Ammo-Lock 2

No rebuttal me, Wright, but I do think Amquell lowers pH, esp in less
buffered water and that is somethign to take into consideration when
using it.

Someone correct me if they know otherwise.

troi
             **************
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 09:29:45 -0700
From: Wright Huntley <huntley1 at home_com>

{snip}
> Are Amquel and Ammo-Lock 2 the same chemical?

Not quite, Joe, but AFAIK they are close, as is Prime. Both quickly kill
inverts like hydra and daphnia because they are based on relatives to
formaldehyde.

John F. Kuhns did a lot of early work on treating chloramines, and found
an
unusually stable and effective form that he subsequently patented and
licensed to Novalac (Kordon). I think he's on this list, so maybe he
will
set me straight. The others are as close as they can get to Amquel
without
violating the patent, but all seem to work in a very similar fashion.
[That
statement should generate some heated rebuttal! :-)]