Fish-O-Rama

>Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 09:25:04 -0400
>From: "Andy Sheppard" <andysheppard at netzero_net>
>Subject: Fish-O-Rama
>
>This is a store here in Delaware where I live.  When the owner of the store
>called me I could not believe it either.  I knew he had been working on it
>for a few years.  I thought it was just the workings of a mad scientist.  So
>I took up his offer and visited the store.  I could not believe my eyes.
>There were multiple tanks containing freshwater and saltwater fish.  These
>tanks have been running with ZERO fish loss for months.  He has the
>processes used to obtain these results patented.  I may not agree with the
>idea, but it is something to behold.
>
>Andy
>Plantman Aquatics

Sorry, I ain't buyin' it.  Not the fishies, not the process.

I would like to see the Fish-O-Rama folks spend a week drinking nothing but
saltwater.  Perhaps then they would have a better understanding of
physiological design.

Or, perhaps they could develop a process to convert humans to saltwater
drinkers!  I mean, if seals can do it, we should have that potential,
right?  This would be more impressive than getting saltwater fish to
survive in freshwater, and equally patentable I would think.  Imagine the
benefit to mankind!

(Perhaps the tanks are all a holographic illusion.  That would be a good
patent, too.  Holographic aquaria.  No wonder you don't need to change the
water.)

-Carmen

Carmen C. Robinett, Ph.D.
Dept. of Molecular and Cell Biology