Re: Tap Water Purifier

Richard Orr asked if the TWP would be worthwhile to rid his water
of phosphates.

Richard, I think a phosphate resin would be a better solution. It will
selectively remove phosphate and leave the other nutrients in. And
it is a lot cheaper than the TWP. My sig. other uses the TWP for
his marine tank, and a canister doesn't last very long with our
moderately hard water. And it doesn't remove ALL the phosphate
anyway, just a percentage of it.

Might I suggest SeaChem's PhosGuard in your filter? Works well
for me, only needs changing every 1.5 months or so. I too
constantly battled algae until I started using this product. It won't
affect your KH either, if you want to use CO2.

Cathy Hartland
Middletown, MD