Propagating aponogeton

One of my aponogeton plants has produced a flower stalk. It was labeled as
aponogeton stachyosporus. I have not seen this plant listed anywhere, and so
can't get any info on it. The tuber is similar to a. undulatus, and leaf
shape similar to a. crispus, but slight variances in leaf color and size.

The flower stalk is emerged from the water and is trying to creep up into the
flourescents.

Is this plant self fertilizing? How would I go about attempting to propagate?

(wheee!)

Sylvia