RE: AARRGGG!!! THERE ARE BUGS IN MY TANK!!!

> Damian Maddalena <dmaddale at wvu_edu> wrote:
> THERE ARE BUGS IN MY TANK!!!!!
> > I took the top off my 20 gallon to do a water change and, sitting all
> over
> > the plants that rest on the surface, were 100s of little bugs!!!!
<snip>

Hi, Damian--

I'm guessing they are aphids (terrestrial insects).  My fish
love them, but can't get at them if they are on the plants.

Get a collinder (sp?  You use it to drain your spaghetti)
and put all your floating plants in it, then submerge it
upside down in your tank.  I hold mine under with a
drinking glass.  The little aphids will crawl upwards and
float to the surface, and your fish will love them.

I've found that the barbs and rasboras tend to eat them
better than do the tetras.

--charley
charleyb at cytomation_com