Re: very mysterious deaths...

on 01:48 PM 6/12/00 , Gitte wrote:

>My apologies to those who feel this is off topic.  This morning I found two
>of my (female) dwarf neon rainbows, dead in the tank.

Does the tank have CO2 and no airstone? When I've found fish dead in the
morning, I've always been able to pin the blame on low oxygen levels. Ever
since I started running an airstone for a few hours every night, I never
find dead fish without previous symptoms.

Changing the filter or a recent plant pruning could have slowed down plant
growth enough to create an oxygen problem.

>I am wondering if I am underfeeding.  If so, would I have seen any symptoms
>first?

Underfeeding would have caused weeks of gradual wasting away... not two
sudden deaths the same night.

--
michael moncur   mgm at starlingtech_com   http://www.starlingtech.com/
"Where facts are few, experts are many."      -- Donald R. Gannon