Laminate wood flooring

Hi,

I am trying to find out if laminate wood flooring
(popular nowadays) is suitable for a 5 ft x 2 ft by 2
ft tank with cabinet,fully equiped and loaded.

I love to have my hall laid with laminate wood
flooring
instead of ceramic,marble,granite or any other "hard"
surface.

Does anyone in this list use laminate wood flooring?

Is the laminate able to take the weight? Does it crack
after sometimes? What about water wetting the
flooring?

What about timber or parquet flooring? Are they
suitable too?

My contractor advises me to use ceramic floorings or
other "hard" flooring. He says laminate wood flooring
is not suitable.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Chong (from Singapore)