re: Another sword plant question

Raymond Wong asks about the number of ozelot runners. We have had as many
as three runners from each of our ozelots. They start growing about one
week apart, each with 5-7 plantlets. The small white flowers are lovely;
however, not all of the plantlets get well-developed leaves -- maybe 75%.
Perhaps they all would if we left the runners attached long enough, but the
top of our tank becomes a colorful jungle :) IMO the key is good
fertilization, esp. substrate, as well as having all nutrients, so as to be
sure that those involved in propogation and flowering are present.

Jared
Jared Weinberger                    jweinberger at knology_net
______    http://www.knology.net/~jweinberger/     ________