There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza....

Bob Dixon makes the suggestion that a piece of plastic needlepoint canvas in
the bottom of a spare plastic bucket might be just the ticket for gravel
washing. While I haven't tried this exact method, I have tried to attach
pieces of the plastic needlepoint canvas to various materials using silicone
sealant with, to date, absolutely no success..... silicone won't stick well
enough to the plastic. I would think that in a situation subject to a lot of
physical stresses (such as a bucket used to wash gravel), that the ultimate
failure of the silicone-plastic seal would happen all that much quicker.

James Purchase
Toronto