Re: Zinc contamination

James writes:

> Paul recently noted that he suspects his rice strainer to be a possible
>  source of contamination in his tanks (he used it to rinse his gravel).

How about this gang-

You go down to the local craft store and buy some plastic canvas, the kind
cross-stitchers use to make weidr three-dimensional stuff.  You then cut
three large holes in the bottom of a spare bucket (come on, admit it.  We all
have too many of them anyway) and fit the plastic canvas in place, holding it
with a bit of aquarium sealant.  Plastic canvas is even available in rounds
about the size of the bottom of the bucket.

Bob Dixon