Feeding daphnia

>I use brewers yeast as food for the little algae that the daphnia like to
eat, if the
>water is getting less green then the daphnia are getting ahead of the green
stuff.  Add
>more yeast.  a pinch every so days is enough.

If you add a pinch of brewers yeast to a tank it will just sink to the
bottom and rot. Best thing to doid grind it up in morter and pestle,
add water, let it sit for a while then add this suspension (not solution -
it doesn't disolve) to the tank.

>Don't let moskitos at your daphnia as they eat em.  and quickly.

Mosquitos are filter feeders and do/can NOT eat daphnia.

--
Richard J. Sexton                                         richard at aquaria_net
Maitland House, Bannockburn, Ontario, Canada, K0K 1Y0       +1 (613) 473 1719