Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #322

>Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 19:12:26 -0700 (PDT)
>From: samm <wmaster26 at yahoo_com>
>Subject: cork sampler please???
>
>all this talk about cork backgrounds lately has me
>quite intrigued!  unfortunately, all I think about
>when I hear cork are those cork bottle stoppers.
>could anyone post pictures of their tank using a cork
>background and/or a site that deals with this matter?
>any guidance is most appreciated!

Yes, I do. I'll send you a jpeg off list.
There some of them under Barr in the gallery. These are some our local tanks
from the SFBAAPS group. Neil Frank just gave a great talk here for SFAS.
Tomorrow he will give another to SFBAAPS. Come on down.

http://www.sfbaaps.com/

You can get a much more detailed idea of the idea in TFH's June 2000 issue
with better pictures highlighting the process. It is a dark brown lower
grade cork than the cork they use for wine. It works and looks better for
fish tank use. thew wire is a 18 gau galv. soft wire cut to whatever length
you need. It will eventually rust but after several months after the plants
are very well attached. Rust will not harm your plants but help them as it
works its way into the gravel.
Regards,
Tom Barr