Re: Indian Red Sword Plant

Yes, this plant's root system was a bit overgrown for the size pot it was in.
They were wrapped around the pot at the bottom, and hanging out in various
places. What I did was cut the plastic pot apart using small manicure
scissors, doing no damage to the roots.

Once I was able to pull the entire plant free, I saw the roots were probably
a good 8 inches or so in length. I then clipped the roots off, for planting.
I had small leaves growing also, but they were white in color, and were
unidentifiable. As you and Dwight noted, they are starting to turn red.