Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #318

> waterproof adhesive
>
>Not exactly a plant question, but within the realm.  I'm looking for a good
>waterproof adhesive to make a cork bark back to a planted tank.  Caulk works
>well in thin beads between 2 panes of glass, but I've found it to be
>ineffective in 'globs' on irregular surfaces.  Hot glue has worked well in
>the few small places I've tried it.  Spray foam insulation holds bark well
>in terraria, but I don't know how safe it is in water.  Any thoughts?
>Thanks, Kevin

Epoxy, silicone are the best for cork. A thick layer of silicone should do
the trick in most cases.
If your surface is very irregular try breaking/cutting the cork into
sections or "tiles" to make the surface have more contact, hence better
gluing on uneven surface. A caulking gun tube of silicone is typically what
I'll use.
Regards,
Tom Barr