transformer

Sorry to go off the topic but I was wondering if anyone could help me with a
transformer problem.I ordered dupla heating cables from J.P. burleson a while
back but they had no transformers left so I brought one from an electrical
supplier.The employee there told me a 120V primary to 24V secondary at 40VA
would do the trick but I tend to doubt it because it looks awful small.The
cables are the 100 and 60 watt cables plugged into each other totaling 160
watts.I am not sure how to convert watts to VA to tell if I would be
overloading it.Any possible sources of online transformer sources would also
be helpful because it didnt seem like the guy at the electrical supply store
knew too much.Thanks.