Re: Removing clown plecos from a plant tank

Hi,

>>> Does anyone have suggestions on how to catch clown plecos in a heavily
>>> planted tank?  I prefer solutions that fall short of dynamiting the tank
>>> and then picking them up off the floor.

For bottom dwelling catfish in heavily planted tanks, the technique that has
worked best for me is to set up a large net at one end of the tank, then to
use my hands to chase the fish into it. Even better, use a pipe with one
closed end. The fish will naturally seek refuge in the pipe, which can then
be removed with the fish in place.

Dinyar