Re: Sylvia's Indian Red Sword

I think Sylvia and I both got our back order for the Indian Reds at the same
time.  A beautiful plant.  It looked  like it had been grown mostly emersed.
On mine, there were two rose colored inner new leaves that, within 24 hours
have *uncurled* and started reaching to the light. As received the plant
*stood* 15 inches tall and about six inches wide with more leaves than I
would like to count.  One complaint I had was that it was very difficult
getting the darn thing out of its pot for planting, and I'll probably think
twice before getting another commercial potted aquatic plant.

In case the list is interested ,the 120 gallon I started on 6 May is going
great guns. It still has to clear a bit but, all plants are  thriving and it
seems as if growing daily.  In spite of the high PO4 (due to a bonehead error
on my part using Seachem Neutral Regulator ), from off the chart, the PO4
level is now under 1ppm.

I have never had  readings for NH, NO2 or NO3. pH is a constant 7.0 with dgH
of  3 and a dkH of between 2 and 3. Fe is at around point one to point two.
The Clown (?) Pleco is behaving himself, and the six SAE's are  *cleaning up*
 The Ich infestation is part of history now and I had a brief minor tussle
with what looked like *Pelt Algae*  I presume it thought conditions were
right due to the formerly high PO4 level.  Lighting is now three compact Fl's
from All Glass for a total of a tad more than three watts a gallon.

Thanking the list for the very helpful input you have provided without
looking down your noses at me.  Thanks to you all the 60 odd plants are giong
great. (One each Rubin, Ozelot, Rose and Indian Red Sword) Six Aponogeton
Rigidfloris and Crispus <sp> circa thirty odd vals (started out with circa
twenty  And numerous stemmed plants. (Giant Hydro, Scarlet Hydro, Narrow and
Broad leafed Lud's etc.)  CO2 will be added inother month or so.

Six  to ten Ottos will be added next week or the week after and, two weeks
later, five or six clown loaches.  That will be it for the fish load for
quite a while but, I'm considering adding a few  Pearl Gouramies for the top
of the water column, and  a large school of Black Neons for the middle. And
that should be it.

Thanks again

David Napierkowski
Annapolis, Maryland