Re: Sylvia's Indian Red Sword

>I finally got a back order on my Indian Red sword today (after apparently
>getting a Red Flame in error). It was potted, and had a tag in there
>identifying it as an Indian Red, but was completedly green, with the typical
>emerged green leaf shape & texture that amazon swords have.
>
>Does anyone know what this plant looks like, emersed?

I believe you do have the right plant despite appearances.  For some reason
the red swords seem to revert to a green "wild-type" look when they go
emersed.  This is almost always true unless they are verigated white of
verigated red (they keep the SPOTS emersed).

Let your sword grow submersed for a couple of weeks and you'll see the new
growth should look as soft and RED as you first expected.

See my ONGOING UPDATES of Plants and Driftwood  at;
http://floridadriftwood.com/aquariumplants.html
HOMEPAGE:  http://www.floridadriftwood.com
eBay specials;  http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/boukmn/