Re: Removing clown plecos from a plant tank

Hmmm.  This is one of the things I hate most about keeping fish . . . trying
to catch them!

One thing I found was helpful when trying to catch some speedy silver dollars
when the tank was not too heavily planted was a tank divider. I cornered them
on one side, tactically placed the tank divider, having pre-selected the
optimum spot where it would do the least damage to any plants (and the best
spot that be a little more easily cleared out) and lifted out some potential
hiding places. I put a plastic bag down in the tank (filled with water,
obviously), and even managed to chase a few fish into it, so that I didn't
even have to net them. I don't always use this method, and usually regret it,
as I wind up damaging & tear up more when I don't . . . and take lots more
time.

Since those clown plecs stay on the bottom, you might have a little more of a
challenge because they don't swim up in the water column much, and scamper
really fast along the bottom.

The fish trapping idea seems a little possible, though some container other
than a 2 liter bottle . . .my clown plec seems to like to hide under
driftwood, and stay well hidden. Trying to lure them in with treats they like
best (like your echinodorus rose?), and/or a  nice solid chunk of driftwood.

Good luck,

sylvia