Re: Salt Choices

Dave Gomberg writes:

> Does anybody but me worry about adding sodium salts to gain a desired anion
>  or chloride salts to gain a desired cation?   Wouldn't we be better off
>  with potassium in place of the sodium and with bicarbonate in place of the
>  chloride???????

I'm with you, Dave.  I prefer calcium carbonate to baking soda, and there are
a number of other salts that add useful stuff without increasing the sodium
or chloride content.  Chloride in and of itself doesn't threaten fish like
chlorite compounds or dissolved chlorine gas.  Still, I like to keep my
NaCl-salinity under control.

Bob DIxon