liquid, time-released CO2???

This morning, in the June issue of FAMA, I read an ad containing a sales
pitch for something called "Natural Aquarium Vital", apparently a carbonator
for freshwater aquariums.  It claims to provide liquid, time-released CO2
production without the need for cylinders, controllers or monitoring
devices.  BTW, I am not in any way affiliated with this product or the
advertiser, but I must admit to being curious about it.  Does anyone know
anything about it, or has anyone used it?

Thanks.
Gitte