RE: Red Cabomba

>Anyone had any experience with red cabomba that they could share with me,
>besided from reading from tropica's website..
>What was your light/water/substrate requirements?

It's not too picky, 2-4 watts a gallon is fine, KH-3-6, GH 2-10, good CO2,
fast grower. substrate is not a big issue(sand,flourite, turface etc.)
 how does it compare to
>glossostigma that grows like a weed in my tank, and the regular green
>cabomba which grows like a weed too, but I'd like to get a hold of some red
>cabomba.. my lfs's going to bring some in for me..

You shouldn't have a problem.

>If I guess right it'll take a while to adapt to my tank and then it should
>start to grow like a weed...

It fits the title of "weed".

but on the LFS's order list beside it it says
>that this plant is grown emersed ( i know most plants are grown emersed..)
>but from tropica's website it says strictly water plants like cabomba are
>only grown in water... or was I thinkin about another plant??

It's grown in the water. No need to grow it emersed but I have never tried
with this one although it has flowered on occasion for me. C. aquatica does
OK emersed but can be difficult submersed in a tank.
Regards,
Tom Barr