Re: swordtail/platy damage

In a message dated 05/23/2000 3:53:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

<<Does anyone have any experience with either platys or swordtails doing
damage to this plant?

My experience with swordtails is that they will nibble on most soft-leaved
plants. I am not sure if they are after algae or the plant itself. Now I will
see them picking on tougher-leaved plants(anubias) too, but they are just
cleaning up algae, can't rip the leaf. I think live-bearers appreciate more
vegetable matter. Try feeding spirulina flakes or spinach or zucchini every
now and then. This may ease the damage to your plants. This is just my
experience..YMMV.
Good luck!
Lynn
In rainy Pittsburgh